Successfully upgrading from QuickSELL 2000 to Microsoft RMS involves several steps:
1. Backing up all pertinent data files
2. Ensuring that the operating system is current
3. Installing Microsoft RMS
4. Converting QuickSELL 2000 database
5. Installing correct device drivers for POS peripherals
6. Testing System
Basic Payment Processing
Microsoft RMS has a built in interface to the VITAL network for integrated credit card and debit card processing via a high speed internet connection. Payment processing setup is not included in the upgrade process and is handled by the customer directly with their credit card merchant.
Advanced Payment Processing
More advanced payment processing options are available such as signature capture and check verification. To take advantage of these options, the addition of TPI software is required. TPI software is available at an additional cost or is available free of charge from several approved merchants. These credit card merchants front the cost of the software in order to gain your transaction business.
Approved payment processing merchants are an attractive option for most customers for several reasons:
1. Upfront costs are lower because the merchant absorbs the cost of the additional software.
2. Approved merchants are familiar with the integration between merchant networks and the Microsoft RMS software.
3. Approved merchants provide free technical support regarding credit card transaction issues.